Home  Fields  Member Leagues  En Espanol  Player Registration  Tournaments  Referee Info  Links


Hours, location, contact us


How do I find a team?


How do I register a team?

I have a league/indoor center and I want to affiliate with OASA. How much does it cost and what do I do?


I was hurt while playing in a game. Is there insurance coverage?

I want to appeal a red card. Who do I talk to?

Depending on which league you were playing in when you received the card, the answer might vary.

You might check the league page. If you have exercised your appeal within the league, you have the right to appeal to the OASA Discipline and Appeals Committee.

What are the playing rules?

OASA Games are played using the Laws of the Game as modified by Policies regarding the play of games.


How can I become a referee?


How is the OASA organized?

We are non-profit 501(c) 3, volunteer-based organization incorporated in Oregon to promote soccer. We are affiliated with the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA), the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), and FIFA. Our taxes, bylaws, and articles of incorporation are available for review.


How much does a player card cost? What do I need to bring with me?

Both new and renewal cards cost $45.00. A replacement (if card is lost and hasn’t yet expired) is $10.00. NEW registrations (if you have not had a card through us before) must be accompanied by a photo id that shows your date of birth (such as a driver’s license) and also a color picture. You can fax, email, or mail a registration form to our office. If you come to our office, we can take a picture of you here.

If you are under 18 years of age you must also have a singed parental consent form which you can download here: Parental Waiver (PARENT’S LIABILITY RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF CONCUSSION GUIDELINES AND MATERIALS).

During busy times such as in the weeks prior to the start of a season the wait can be quite long. Don’t wait until the last minute; register early!

Can I pick up a card for a friend?

YES. You may pick up a card for a friend so long as their registration form is filled out completely and signed, or the player must complete the online waiver.

If the card is for a new player, don’t forget a color photo and a copy of his or her ID.

If the player sends in the registration in advance, he or she must indicate that the card should be held for pick up, otherwise we'll drop it in the mail as our stand aperating proceedure.


Why do I need a player’s card…where does the money go?

OASA is affiliated with the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA), United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).  In order to be in good standing with these national and world soccer governing bodies, OASA is required to register each player.

The player card is then given to the referee prior to each game.  If you do not have your card present at each game you are not permitted to play.  Fines, forfeiture, suspension, and other penalties may be assessed against you, your team manager, and/or your team for violation of this or for playing or attempting to play using another player’s card and/or while under suspension. If you are ejected (red carded) from a game, the referee will keep your card and turn it over to the OASA. The card is the property of OASA and must be surrendered upon request.

Of the money that OASA ccollects for each player card, $15 of it is sent on to the National organizations: $13 goes to USASA, approximately $10 of which is used to pay for various insurance (for more information:Insurance). USASA retains $3 which goes to run their office, support programs (Tournaments) and administrative overhead. USSF gets $2 per player and provides National teams, administration, coaching programs, referee programs, National teams and player development.

The rest stays with OASA. While a great deal of the work is done by volunteers - and we invite you to get involved, too, by joining a league committee or board, helping out at competitions, joining an OASA committee or the board (most board members are appointed by an affiliated league) - we do have a professional administrative staff to comply with our obligations to US Soccer and US Adult Soccer, as well as run programs, assist leagues with certain administrative duties, and provide services to players and referees. We keep a tight budget, and there is not a lot of money left over. We have a small program to provide grants to leagues to help improve fields, we spend some money on officers of the corporation traveling to regional and National meetings, we spend some on OASA Board of Directors meetings (we have directors from around the state), we try to provide the infrastructure to help leagues do their job, and to facilitate people playing soccer.

Generally speaking, the most controversial item on the list is the $10 spent for insurance, in particular, the accident insurance (~$8). This is often a topic of conversation both at the OASA level and nationally, and given the current circumstances, taking all the information into account, we feel this is the best available option. Again, if you think other options might be better for the greater good – please volunteer on some level. If you think we have not been thoughtful about this, and feel compelled to complain, please put it in writing and get it to the OASA office.

Please do not take it out on the office staff, they do not make policy, they implement it.


How long is my card valid?

Player cards expire the last day of the player's birth month. We will not issue cards shorter than three months. So if your birthday is coming up within the next three months, your card will be extended out to the following year.

How long does it take to get a card?

If you come into the office we will process your card for you while you wait. Via mail, email, or fax please allow several days. We make every effort to process registration forms within one business day (and send your card out the following business day). Remember, if you register or re-register right before a season starts, you can expect to wait in line or have your registration by mail delayed by a few days. Please register early!


I lost my player’s card. How do I get a new one?

If you have a currently valid OASA player card (but your card is lost, for example) we can issue a replacement card with a completed registration form and a $10 fee. You can mail, email, or fax the form with credit card payment or bring it into the office.  If your card is expired or within three months of expiration you can pay to renew it instead and save yourself the time and money of getting a replacement.

My card expired – how can I renew? Do I need my old card to renew?

You should get a renewal notice in the mail a month or two prior to when your card will expire. You can also download the form here. Complete the form and send it to the OASA office via mail, email, or fax along with registration fee.

You do not need to have your old card in order to renew it.


Can I register over the phone?

No. We need to have the registration form completed and SIGNED.


Do you issue temporary cards?

You can register for a $15 Guest Pass, which is valid for 10 days, by contacting our office either by phone or email. We will provide you instructions on how to submit your request.

I received a red card – how do I get my card back?

Assuming that this was a league game (as opposed to a tournament, cup game, or other type) and your offense was routine (not referee abuse or assault, which are very serious and by USSF regulations adjudicated by OASA), OASA receives the referee report and forwards it to the league. Each league has their own judicial procedure and determines the length of the suspension - generally one to four weeks -unless the offense is considered very severe and/or you have a significant judicial history. Once we hear back from the league we will send you a letter (some leagues will also send you a letter) explaining your suspension and when you are eligible to get your card back.OASA charges a $30.00 administrative fee for the return of your card. Once you have paid this fee and served your suspension we will mail your card back to you or hold it for you to pick up at our office. Please keep in mind that the league may also fine you depending on your actions. All administrate fees and fines must be collected before your card can be returned.