Para ver esta información en español, haga clic aquí.
We think the best reason for a league to affiliate with OASA is to become a part of the world soccer family.
Our affiliated leagues, teams, and players take pride in being part of the same organization that fields US Men’s & Women’s National teams and sends players to World Cup tournaments and to the Olympics. But, of course, that’s not the only benefit. In addition to entering into that partnership with local, national, and international soccer bodies, our members can also rely on the protection provided by an extensive package of insurances, while receiving a range of professional support services through the OASA office.
Here’s what your league will gain…
- Join the world soccer community: FIFA, CONCACAF, US Soccer, US Adult Soccer, and OASA
- Gain access to affiliated tournaments all across the county and around the world
- Work with the best referees in the country, trained and certified according to USSF standards
- Advertise your league on the OASA website which receives thousands of hits each month
- Influence the direction of adult soccer in our state through your representatives on the OASA Board
- Apply for grant funds through the OASA Field Grants Program and/or the Region IV & Build USASA grant programs
- Improve the quality of the game for members of your league by participating in player and coaching clinics
- Take advantage of a General Liability Insurance plan designed to protect your league in the event of lawsuits
- Ensure that your players are also protected under the Player Accident Insurance policy which is included with every OASA player registration
- Certificates of Field Insurance provide protection for facility owners so that you gain access to better quality fields
- Centralized, coordinated administrative support
- An excellent system of player tracking and control, ensuring that all players are registered, and that suspended players cannot participate
- An unbiased discipline and appeals system
- General assistance with insurance claims, travel papers, field insurance requests, game report processing, player-league communication, and more!
Ready to affiliate?
Here’s what you'll have to do…
- Pay an annual affiliation fee of $100
- Tell your players that they must register with OASA (current player registration cost is $45/year)
- Provide OASA with contact information for each registered team (e.g. the team manager’s e-mail)
- Use only USSF trained and registered referees
- Use a USSF trained and registered referee assignor*
- Follow all applicable OASA, USASA, USSF, and FIFA bylaws, rules, procedures and decisions
That’s it. Pay a small annual fee, send your players our way, agree to work only with USSF trained referees and assignors, and follow the rules. Pretty easy, right?
We strive to give our member leagues the largest possible benefit while imposing the fewest possible burdens,
and we feel confident that affiliating with OASA makes things significantly easier for our members.
Don’t believe us? Ask our leagues!
See our Member Leagues page for a complete list of our partners around the state.
When you're ready, please submit a completed Affiliation Request Form to:
Oregon Adult Soccer Association - 1750 SW Skyline Blvd, Suite 121 - Portland, OR 97221 - email@example.com
* If your current/preferred assignor is not USSF certified, we can help. You will NOT be required to switch assignors mid-season or to hire someone you’ve never met; we can work with you and the Oregon Referee Committee to get your assignor the training he/she will need to continue on as your go-to person. We ask only that you make an effort to get your assignor certified as soon as possible.